Journey Through Bethlehem
WE ARE SO GLAD YOU CAME!
JOURNEY THROUGH BETHLEHEM RETURNED TO the Lutheran church of the good shepherd IN DECEMBER.
THANK YOU TO THE SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY OF OLNEY AND BEYOND!
We are glad you came to our Journey Through Bethlehem, here a few fun facts about the production and look forward to seeing you again next year.
- A crew of approximately 35 volunteers set up on Thursday and Friday
- Some volunteers stayed well into the night.
- We had the help of 10 members of Christ Community Church who helped with the
setup and the take down on Sunday evening.
- The musical gifts offered during Journey through Bethlehem were provided by many of the Chancel Choir and Praise Team members and were accompanied by Maria Sampogna on the piano.
- Lyrics to all the music were displayed on a projector to encourage audience participation.
- The Praise Band was joined by Cristo Rey on Saturday evening and some of the musical verses were displayed in Spanish on the projector.
- Warm cider, cookies and other treats were endless due to the wonderful bakers and hospitality crew.
- Thank you to the hostesses that welcomed and served guests with warm and welcoming smiles.
- We had 75 volunteer/actors, 20 of whom were not members of Good Shepherd.
They took their time to make each role their own, stay true to the time and have FUN, all at the same time.
- The total man/woman hours spent by all involved was 1,500.
- The indoor and outdoor live animals, along with Mary on the donkey, are other
ways this production is set apart from others in the area.
The costume and make-up room flowed seamlessly. The costumes were arranged so they could be found quickly and effortlessly. The costumes were returned to their proper place.
- The finished product of selfless volunteers and their devoted time allowed 716 guests to experience this God-filled and God-fueled Journey through Bethlehem.
I am truly thankful to have witnessed how The Holy Spirit works in and through this church community.
Mark Hardcastle, Director